Welcome to Fiona's Fancy Feet!
We are a dance school based in the Kingsbridge area in South Devon. We teach classes from the age of 3 years and up to adults. We offer lessons in ISTD Modern, ISTD Tap, Imperial Classical Ballet, Jazz, Groove Child, Musical Theatre and Contemporary.
We hold a show every second year and also a Summer School every year in August. We also offer exams under the ISTD frequently.
Please get in contact with MIss Fiona via email or phone to get up tp date information on classes running during this time.
Currently classes are being held online but from Monday 19th April 2021 we will be back to teaching in person for under 18's. Over 18's classes can begin again from mid May.
Message: our Facebook or Instgram pages
Please get in touch to book a trial!
What I (Fiona Palmer) and the teachers of FFF will be doing for you and your children…
• A full Covid-19 risk assessment has been completed.
• Government guidance for after school clubs and sporting activities for children is being followed in full.
• Details of each child attending are taken to comply with the NHS track and trace system.
• The hall we are using will be well ventilated with windows open and where possible doors open too.
• Between each workshop a deep clean will be done of the hall, toilets and entrances/exits.
• Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the sessions.
•Teachers will be social distancing from the students too with their own dance space.
• Each child has its own bubble with no more than 15 people in that bubble. So, students will not be mixing with large groups of children as they may normally do.
• A one-way system in and out of the buildings we hire, please ask children to look out for this.
• Should first aid need to be performed each teacher will have the appropriate PPE to wear when caring for your child.
• There will be no physical contact throughout the classes between students or teachers. Sadly, this means no hugs or holding hands in classes.
• All classes will have rubber spots down to help children social distance throughout class.
• Full details of all children attending will be taken to comply with the NHS track and trace procedures.
What you can do for me….
• Please can all students be dropped off and picked up at the entrance of each building, parents are not to come in and wait in communal areas.
• Please can all students bring their own water bottle/drink, which will be kept in their own designated place in the hall.
• Students will need to wear their regular uniform to class.
• If possible, can students please use the toilet before they arrive. There are toilets on site to be used but it reduces the risk of infection if people don’t need to use the ones at venues.
• Masks will NOT be required in class.
• Students will be expected to social distance throughout classes. Teachers will have rubber spots on the floor spaced out so that each student will have adequate space to dance and move about, also allowing for space between each student to let them travel between other students.
• Students must wear shoes to class, either their tap shoes, ballet shoes or trainers/jazz shoes for modern.
• If your child or a family member (living with your child) is classed as extremely vulnerable and/or shielding please do not attend dance classes.
• Your child cannot attend the dance classes if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, loss of smell or taste or a rash.
• Full PPE is available for the teachers in the unlikely event of a child becoming unwell. The child will be taken to a separate area immediately and the Parent/Carer will be contacted to collect them straight away.
• Children to arrive ready dressed for dancing as there will be no changing facilities.
All lessons will be 15 minutes shorter to allow for thorough cleaning between each class. I'm afraid despite the shortened lesson time I am having to keep prices the same, most of my venues have increased their fees for extra cleaning and we are teaching longer hours as we have to spread classes out so my outgoings have gone up. If I were to make classes cheaper too it would not be affordable for me to run the school. I am hoping as things ease class times can return to normal. I do apologise for this but hope you understand my decision.
The new shorter time of the lessons is the one stated on the invoice and the new timetable. You will see the 15 minute breaks between each class on the timetable attached.
Some of my venues are not currently hiring out due to changes in their guidelines so please use the timetable to check the location of all classes. We cannot use KCC or the Methodist Hall at present so any previous classes at these venues will have changed.
There are a few classes I have had to split in two and run separately to be in line with guidelines. These are the Tuesday Grade 3 Modern class, Wednesday Grade 1 Ballet class and the Saturday Grade 1 Modern and Tap classes.
Please go by the day and time of your class as stated on your invoice then use the timetable to see the location.
Normally at this point all the tiny tot dancers that are starting Reception would move into a primary ballet class. However, due to missing so much time off I would like them to do one more term in the tiny tot classes then we can look at a move in January.
Tiny Tots are not expected to social distance in class due to their age but I will be doing this as best I can but they will do some things like holding hands in a circle and things like that to keep it fun for them. I will HAVE to distance myself from them though to be allowed to teach other classes of children. They will not be wearing the skirts for class for the foreseeable either. The start time for these classes is now 3:55pm.
Classes Cut ☹
I'm really sorry but from your invoices some of you will notice that not all your usual classes are on there. For students who do multiple classes I have had to cut some of them down or move them to a different session. The main guideline that has made things tricky for me is that all the students need to bubble in groups of 15, so that isn't the total in each class but how many people any one student can mix with within the whole school. I feel very lucky that the school now has over 200 (!!) students in it, but it has meant bubbling everyone has been such a challenge.
Anyone that has had a class cut please know this is temporary, the space in this class is held and ready for next term or when guidelines are hopefully eased. I had to make the decision myself rather than being able to consult everyone, as again it is all about the bubbles! I'm so sorry to disappoint people and not be able to offer all the usual classes to everyone but I thought something was better than nothing.
New rules, new procedures and the 'new normal'
Attached is a new set of procedures that now need to be followed for all classes. The main points are:
Vulnerable Students/Family Members
If you/ your child/anyone in your household is vulnerable and you don't feel happy sending your child back to class yet please let me know and I will hold their place free of charge until you feel happy for them to return again.
Track and Trace
Due to our usual register system we have everything in place that is required for track and trace. We hold contact details for emergency and information purposes so these will be used should we need to do a track and trace. We also take a register for every class so we know who has attended and when.
I anticipate there being a lot of orders as people will have grown out of things over lockdown, please get any orders to me as soon as you can and I will do my best to get them to you as soon as I can. Please be aware it may take some time.
Any orders that were placed before lockdown I have kept on the system and will be in touch to see if the items are still required and if so, which size would be best now.
I know things look quite different at the moment on the timetable and it definitely isn't how I would like it but please know that as soon as I can get it back to normal I will do.
Fiona’s Fancy Feet Ethos and Values
Here at Fiona’s Fancy Feet we have highly trained teachers who have extensive knowledge in their specific subject, continually strive to better themselves and who develop their teaching through their own training/CPD.
For those who wish to dance on to a professional level and look into a career in dance and/or teaching we can provide a strong foundation of classes, offer shows, give students the opportunity to take exams under the Imperial Society of Teacher of Dancing and offer regular guest teachers/workshops with other performing arts specialists.
As Principal I always strive to make my school the best it can be and offer the most I can to our students, but for me personally my main aim and value for FFF is that everyone enjoys the power and love that is dance.
Whether students come to be the next famous dancer, or have been sent to learn another level of discipline, maybe they come to keep fit and active, perhaps because their friends go and they enjoy the social aspect of the class and making friends? Whatever your reason may be, my aim is that you enjoy each class and get from it what YOU want. Dance can make friendships and memories that last a lifetime.
That is why I love dance, that is why I love teaching and that is why I run a school I love.
Miss Fiona xx
By browsing our website, we do not collect any personally-identifiable information about you. The website analytics are processed by 1&1 site analytics and the website has a 256-bit SSL encryption and an SSL Certificate by Symantec. Like most websites we track the visitors viewing our page but again there is never any personal identifiable data held. The information taken may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. However, none of the information stored in the 1&1 log files, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information.